The recipe for how to make a mango smoothie without yogurt is simple and easy. What makes this so unique? Besides its unique taste, there seems to be something about blending sweet fruits and milk that satisfies something deep inside you – your soul.
Before we proceed with the recipe, it is important that you must be equipped with the right set of tools to get the best results. A Bullet blender by Magic Bullet is what need to blend many flavors of smootheris together. And if you need a motivation to blend a smoothie so that you can enjoy it in a mason jar, consider buying Smoothie Blender by FRIGIDAIRE.
What Can Replace Yogurt in a Smoothie?
There are quite a few options available for those of you who want to make a smoothie without yogurt.
- One of the most obvious choices is to replace yogurt with milk – or any other kind of liquid.
- Another option is soy milk. It can be used in place of regular dairy milk, although it doesn’t taste quite as good, and it tends to make the smoothie a bit thicker.
- Canned coconut milk is another alternative. However, you have to be careful with this option since it contains many fat and calories.
- If you are looking for anything with hardly any calories, then almond milk or rice milk will work great.
- How to Make Yogurt from Pasteurized Milk?
- How to Make Chocolate Frozen Yogurt?
- How to Make Buttermilk From Yogurt?
- How to Make Yogurt With a Yogurt Maker?
- How to Make Smoothie without Yogurt?
- How to Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt?
- How to Make Lactose Free Yogurt?
These types of milk are also enriched with vitamins, and they are much healthier than regular milk. So whether you are looking for something to replace the taste of yogurt or if you want a more nutritious option – this article has got you covered!
What’s the difference between a smoothie and a milkshake?
They are essential, the same thing: a sweet drink made with fruit or chocolate blended in with the milk.
The only difference between the two is – adding milk makes a milkshake, while adding non-dairy alternatives makes it a smoothie.
How to make a Mango Smoothie without Yogurt (Single-Serve)
Here’s what you’ll need :
- 1 cup of mango (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Two tablespoons of sugar and ice cubes.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- You can garnish it with mint leaves if desire
How to Store and Reheat Your Mango Smoothie/Lassi
If you don’t plan on drinking your smoothie right away, make sure to store it in an airtight container (mason jars work great). Your drink will become soggy if left exposed to the air. I recommend that you wait until you’re ready to have your smoothie before placing your ice cubes in the blender.
It is better to blend all of your other ingredients initially and then add the ice a little bit at a time. Otherwise, if you put all the ice cubes in first, your drink will become too watery.
This mango smoothie recipe can be made the night before for breakfast or as a healthy snack. To reheat your mango smoothie, place it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until the ice cubes are melted, and you can enjoy it cold again.
A NOTE ON THE AMOUNT OF MILK:
I used 2% milk, and it turned out just OK. However, you should only use fat-free/skim milk so that your drink remains thick.
How do you make a smoothie thicker without yogurt?
This question quite often does the round on the internet. The thing is, you don’t need yogurt to thicken your smoothie. The secret is in the choice of other ingredients!
Add any one or several of the following ingredients, and your smoothie will be thick enough to coat your spoon:
- Water Ice (especially if using fresh fruit) Frozen Fruit Milk
- Another secret to making your smoothie thick is using frozen fruit. The amount of frozen fruit you use depends on how much liquid is in the fruit.
- Using a whole banana will make your smoothie thicker.
How do You Make a Smoothie Without Yogurt or Blender?
If you don’t own a blender, you can throw all your ingredients (except the ice) into a mason jar and shake it like crazy until everything is well mixed.
You can also blend your smoothie with an immersion blender. However, this usually takes longer than mixing with a regular blender due to the limited capacity of immersion blenders. If you don’t have yogurt on hand, you can use any fat-free liquid instead.