Instant Pots are some of the most popular kitchen appliances on the market today. Why? They’re incredibly versatile and easy to use so that you can get dinner on the table in a hurry!
We’ll show you how to make yogurt in an Instant Pot, as simple as heating milk and adding live active cultures. Don’t forget about that extra spoonful of sugar or honey for sweetness!
Here is How to Make Yogurt in an Instant pot
1. Add your milk to the instant pot
2. Mix in 1 cup of yogurt for every quart of milk you are using
3. Put on the lid and turn it on
4. Cook for 10 minutes, then let it sit for 6 hours or overnight
5. Stir in any flavorings you want and enjoy!
6. Keep an eye out because if the temperature gets too high, your yogurt will not set properly
- What is yogurt cheese and how to make it?
- How to make coconut yogurt?
- How to make yogurt cheese?
- How to make drinkable yogurt?
- How to make yogurt with yogurt maker?
- How to make Frozen Yogurt?
- How to make yogurt without yogurt maker?
- How to make vegan yogurt at home?
How long does it take to make yogurt in the Instant Pot?
Add milk to a 6-qt Instant Pot®; close and lock the lid. Select yogurt setting, then adjust pressure boil mode for one hour to make your homemade yogurt! This process can take up to an hour since you want it to boil enough that all bacteria are killed off by heating up at this temperature. Once cooled down (takes about 15 minutes), set aside 1 cup of milk as a starter culture, which will turn into delicious fresh dairy goodness after just 8 hours of incubation time.
How does the yogurt setting work on the Instant Pot?
Pour milk into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Push hard on the yogurt button until you see “boil” appear, and then push it two more times to make sure that’s what you want for this process to take an hour. Once there are beeps, test out by removing the lid carefully to see if everything is done boiling or not before finally testing with a thermometer at around 50 degrees Celsius (122 degrees Fahrenheit).
Can you make yogurt in a pressure cooker without a yogurt setting?
Using your Instant Pot without the Yogurt setting, add milk and close up. Place a food thermometer inside to keep an eye on things until it reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Once done, open the lid and remove it from the pot with caution as there will be some hot steam that escapes!